Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Brooklyn Nets Hire Jason Kidd

The Brooklyn Nets have made it official, Jason Kidd is their new head coach. Kidd retired just a week ago and he has found a new job in the NBA. Kidd has no coaching experience and I think that will hurt both him and the Nets. They should have hired him as assistant coach, rather than naming him the head coach.

In my article about Kidd wanting the Nets coaching job, I explained that if the Nets hired him, it would be a train wreck and I stand by that claim. I don't care how much experience he has in the game of basketball, he has no coaching experience at all. I don't think he will understand how the run the team from the head coaching point of view, rather than on the court as a point guard. In order to be somewhat successful, he will need to surround himself with a lot of talented assistant coaches who need to be ready to take on a bigger role than regular assistant coaches.

Honestly, I am disappointed in the Nets brass. Hiring a former player with no coaching experience is something desperate franchises do, not franchises that had home court advantage in the playoffs last season. I may be completely wrong about this whole situation, but if I were in charge of hiring coaches for the Nets, Kidd would not have even been on the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment