Monday, March 18, 2013

Midwest Bracket Predictions

First Rounds

1 Louisville V. 16 Liberty

Louisville wins this one easily

8 Colorado State V. 9 Missouri 

I am a Colorado State fan so of course I will pick them, however I think CSU has the advantage in this game. They will out rebound Mizzou on the offensive boards and that will be key.

5 Oklahoma State V. 12 Oregon 

This is my first upset. I am picking Oregon over OSU. Everyone is enamored with Marcus Smart and LeBryan Nash, but I was not impressed by their team as a whole. Oregon won their tournament and they have home court advantage so I think they pull this one out.

4 St. Louis V. 13 New Mexico State 

St. Louis is an awesome team and should handle New Mexico State easily. New Mexico State does not take care of the ball and that can really hurt you in the tournament.

6 Memphis V. 11 St. Mary's

Stupid play in games, they ruin the tournament. I think St. Mary's will win the play in game, but I think they would have a better chance of beating Memphis if there was no play in game. Memphis should win.

3 Michigan State V. 14 Valparaiso 

Tom Izzo's teams alway go further than they should and they will not be denied by Valparaiso.

7 Creighton V. 10 Cincinnati

These are two very good teams. I would have picked the Bearcats if they did not stumble down the stretch losing 4 of their last 7 games. Creighton should handle this one pretty easily.

2 Duke V. 15 Albany

It would be funny of Duke lost to a 15 seed two years in a row, too bad it will not happen.

Round of 32

1 Louisville V. 8 Colorado State

To be honest I am picking CSU to win this game, but in reality they dont have much of a chance.

4 St. Louis V. 12 Oregon

The Ducks will not advance further than this round. St. Louis is very good and underrated so many might have them losing to Oregon or Oklahoma State, but they will not go down easily.

3 Michigan State V. 6 Memphis 

Two very good coaches will be going at it. I think Michigan State pulls this one out because of superior talent and superior coaching.

2 Duke V. 7 Creighton

Duke obviously has the better team in this matchup. Doug McDermott will be neutralized in this matchup because Duke has its own stretch 4 in Ryan Kelly. Duke should win this and advance to the sweet sixteen to avenge their first round loss last season.

Sweet 16

1 Louisville V. 4 St. Louis

Louisville thrives on taking away the basketball form teams, but St. Louis does not give it away. I think the #1 overall seed is going to lose here.

3 Michigan State V. 2 Duke 

I have Michigan State winning this one because of Dukes recent tournament slide. Michigan State should be able to contain Duke and it will be a very close game, but I think Michigan State eeks the victory out.

Elite 8

3 Michigan State V. 4 St. Louis

This is probably a matchup that a lot of people dont have for this side of the bracket. However, these are two very well coached teams that have the talent to be here. I think Michigan State wins this one because of Izzo's experience in the tournament. Also this will be played in Indianapolis which is much closer to Michigan State than St. Louis.


No comments:

Post a Comment