Sunday, March 17, 2013

Florida Tournament Preview

Florida landed a 3 seed in the South bracket and will face North Western State in the first round. That should be a fairly easy win and confidence builder. In the second round, they would face either UCLA or Minnesota. I have UCLA winning that game, but I don't think they have a chance against Florida. If Florida happened to face Minnesota I think the same thing would happen. In the Sweet 16, Florida could face either San Diego State or Georgetown. I think San Diego State could cause problems for Georgetown and could be one of those teams that stays around longer than they should. A matchup against Georgetown would be fun to watch. The Gators would have a tough time stopping Otto Porter, but I think they will ultimately come out victorious.

I have UNC and VCU being the possible matchups against Florida in the Elite 8. Florida has faltered in the Elite 8 the past 2 years losing to Butler and Louisville. If they played UNC they would have an easy matchup because I don't see UNC making it too far with that roster. Playing VCU would be tougher. Shaka Smart is a former assistant of Bill Donovan so he knows what Donovan wants to do. VCU is always a bracket buster, but I see their luck stopping here.

I think Miami makes it out of the East. They have played too good and I think they got snubbed on not getting a one seed. Miami has a stretch four in Kenny Kadji who would matchup well with Florida's own stretch four in Erik Murphy. This game would come down to the guard play and if Florida could shut down Shane Larkin they would have a good chance of winning.

This would lead to a matchup with Ohio State for the National Championship game. This would be a rematch of 2008 when Florida trounced OSU. Florida would have a lot of trouble with Arron Craft as everyone has. I don't know if Ohio State could stop Erik Murphy and I think that would be the difference in the game.

I know this might be a little biased.

No comments:

Post a Comment